Our client, one of the largest American networks of home, auto, life, and business insurance protection, is looking for a Matillion ETL engineer as part of a strategic project of moving their legacy systems to cloud. The Matillion Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership with a depth of knowledge of specified multiple technological areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products, and frameworks. Work as part of a team to design and develop a cloud data warehouse solution on AWS, Snowflake, Matillion, and Microstrategy.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Perform source system data analysis to understand data relationships
- Investigate and resolve data quality, data loading failures and develop data cleansing routines
- Design and document logical and physical data models in data modeling tool
- Generate Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts from modeling tool
- Design and document source to target data mappings
- Design, develop and test custom ETL or data stage routines
- Automate the custom data loading process and continue to improve based on requirements.
- Provide ad hoc query support for ad hoc query requests
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required in addition to a minimum of five (3) years of ETL development experience. An additional eight (5) years of related experience can substitute THE degree requirement.
- Experience in design, development, implementation, and support of ETL process using Matillion
- Experience writing complex SQL/TSQL statements across different databases.
- Experience working with complex data warehouse projects
- Strong data migration/integration experience
- High-level knowledge of various industry-leading data warehouse components (databases, ETL tools, BI/reporting tools)
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written to end users, team members, and management