Our client, a leader in mobile payments, is looking for a Product Designer to join their team!
What it means to be a Product Designer on our team
We love making things, so our days are spent with our heads together, pondering the right things to make and how they should work. We huddle with engineers, product managers, marketing and researchers, working closely together on projects from start to finish and turn ideas into beautiful, simple, and lovable products that work well and convert. We have white-boarding jam sessions, prototype thoughtful stories and create pixel-perfect designs that bring it all together. We design separately and together, teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We know we're never completely done. We ship, iterate and learn from our users.
To you, there's nothing more addictive than making things that matter and showing them to people. You like telling stories and it drives you nuts when the pixels don't come together to form a bigger picture with some meaning and feeling in between the lines. You’re fascinated by the social nuances inherent in giving and receiving money between friends and you know that the phone in your pocket is inevitably changing the gears of commerce. You love things outside of design and can teach us neat facts about them. You have a sense of humor.
- Own iOS and Android design features and projects from idea to launch and then through subsequent iteration with minimal guidance.
- Work closely with teammates from many disciplines (from product management to engineering to analytics) to define problem spaces, design solutions and help drive design strategy.
- Develop ideas and concepts quickly and at low-fidelity and collaboratively develop unexpected and stupendous designs that can be built.
- Create compelling screen designs using Sketch, prototype ideas in tools like InVision and build beautiful transitions and animations in tools like Framer.
- Execute on visual and interaction designs that scales across devices and OSs’.
- Mentor and guide other designers at within the company as they progress in their careers and craft.
- Refine our processes and help define best practices for design.
- 5+ years of experience designing products at a consumer-facing product company with significant focus on creating mobile experiences.
- Have a deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Your analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise and it shows instantly.
- Interested in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
- You can make decisions and rally various types of people around them.
- You can spend long stretches with your sleeves rolled up in execution mode and your Sketch files show your ability to organize your designs precisely and in a way that’s optimized for communicating the right things with the engineering team.
- Have a knack for understanding people and how they like to do things and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
- You know when to involve others and escalate issues.
- Your portfolio shows your range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation and design process.
- Being technically fluent is very helpful (but not required) — especially if you're able to leverage that expertise to build prototypes that convey your creative vision.
Nice To Have:
- You’ve worked closely with software engineers and know how to successfully collaborate using tools like Jira.
- Being technically fluent.
- Experience designing financial and/or social apps.
- Experience with or an understanding of financial systems.
- A sense of humor (in fact, this is a requirement, now that we think about it).