Our client leader in mobile payments is looking for a seasoned Technical lead to form part of their Payments teams.
About the client
Our client was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with them, and it's growing by leaps and bounds!
But they’re only just getting started. They want to take that magic of sending money and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love this mobile payment service, but there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using it even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
They strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, they want the internals of their software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. They spend their days scaling our payment backend services and building new features to meet and exceed their user’s needs and wants. They teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at their creative and analytical best. They work to push their technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
As an onsite Python Technical Lead, your team is responsible for solving some of the complex backend problems related to the world of connected payments. Be a technical stalwart and take responsibility for one of the biggest payments platform that caters to 27.4 million monthly active users and estimated to have a transaction volume of 100 billion dollars in 2019. We have a YoY growth rate of 70%. Given all these fun challenges, we are a fast-paced organization going through rapid growth and solving technical challenges at an exponential scale. As an organization, we have a strong culture of committing to goals and delivering on timelines.
As a Python Technical Lead, you are a thoughtful and collaborative technologist who loves to build maintainable, scalable, and reliable platform services. In this role, you’ll ensure standardization and stability of our platform, empowering the product engineering teams to rapidly innovate on amazing new features.
The ideal candidate will be a backend developer with strong experience writing Python services on Kubernetes, using MySQL and other NoSQL databases. As a PaaS Engineer, you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the services that are the backbone of Payment service. You will be expected to be a role model on coding standards, frameworks, platforms and other best practices for the rest of Venmo’s engineering team
Things You'll Do
• Consult on, design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform to better facilitate money movements securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components
• Deliver high quality code on time and follow SDLC process
• Have an appetite to learn and contribute to complex projects alongside senior engineers
• Interact with various non-engineering teams such as product, support, finance operations and senior leadership
• Manage a team of 8-10 onsite engineers and 2-4 remote engineers, with extreme focus on delivery
What We Are Looking For
• 8+ yrs experience in all phases of enterprise software design, development and testing.
• 8+ yrs experience in Java and experience in Python/Django will be an added bonus.
• 4+ yrs experience in Spring 4 and above.
• Expertise in architecting and developing scalable software solutions with gRPC based microservices.
• 2+ yrs working experience with Apache Kafka and Spark. Strong understanding of Kafka architecture including offset management, partition strategy and DR requirements.
• 2+ yrs working experience on Cassandra and caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache).
• Good understanding of build tools such as Gradle.
• Ability to lead projects and mentor all levels of engineering staff, along with managing relationships with Product, Engineering Operations and non-technical business and support teams.
• Experience working in an agile setup.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Being collaborative, willingness to learn and also share/teach the team.
What Will Really Get Our Attention
• Experience in payments processing or payments domain
• Experience in risk or compliance domains
• Experience integrating disparate systems together
• Django and/or Celery experience