Our client, a leader in mobile payment systems, is looking for Infrastructure Engineers / DevOps to be part of an Engineering Team that is a tightly-knit group of contributors, domain experts, managers, scientists, and researchers. That team spends its days scaling the infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed users' needs and wants. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We're never completely done.
As an Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the back-end infrastructure that the platform lives on. You’re the type of person that dreams about articulating infrastructure as code automated environments. You love data, metrics, and iterative improvements and have a passion for building resilient, reliable, and scalable database, web and API infrastructure. Specific responsibilities include:
- Scaling our architecture to support heavy growth while keeping our client's service fast and reliable.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and business-level performance.
- Expanding our client's configuration management infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
- Working with security engineering to perform security audits and proactively make recommendations/improvements to keep security tight.
- Contributing improvements back to the open source projects we use.
- Fluent in one or more high-level programming language
- Comfortable working in a continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Have used automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Vagrant
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, etc)
- Experience with Dockers and Kubernetes. Helm is a big plus.
- Experienced with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as Datadog or Grafana
- Bonus points for Python/Django and/or Java Spring Boot.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.